|Study location||Netherlands, Maastricht|
|Type||Summer Course, full-time|
|Nominal duration||1-week intensive (2 ECTS)|
|Tuition fee||€600.00 per programme|
Open to everyone
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
B2, IELTS 6.5
A motivation letter must be added to your application.
The combination of Finance and Technology—commonly known as Fintech—is revolutionizing the way financial services are provided. The availability of the Internet and smart phones are making it possible to take most financial services digital. This new way of meeting customers’ needs are putting enormous pressure on existing players, such as banks.
In this circumstance, by using smart technologies start-ups are disrupting the financial services markets by offering smart solutions to satisfy customer’s needs better and cheaper. However, some questions remain; how will this transformation revolutionize the financial services market? What is the future of Distributed Ledger Technology? How is Bitcoin going to evolve? How are these technologies disrupting existing business models? How are incumbents going to accommodate to disruptive technologies? How are new innovations such as Distributed Ledger Technology going to be used by various players, including governments?
Lesson 1: Trends and opportunities of the Fintech ecosystem
Lesson 2: Payments (do we need cash?)
Lesson 3: Future of banking (P2P Lending)
Lesson 4: Investment (Crowd Funding)
Lesson 5: Bitcoin (Distributed Ledger Technology)
Overall, we will learn how Big companies such as Google, Apple, ANT (Ali Baba), Amazon, etc. are going to change the financial services landscape in the near future?
After completing this course students will be able to understand:
• How the financial services industry is being revolutionized by the use of the latest technologies
• What the consequences of the Fintech revolution are on Banking, Payment, Investment, and Insurance
• How Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) and Bitcoin might change the world forever (e.g., cash-less society)
• How alternative financing models (Crowd Funding, P2P Lending, etc.) are challenging the existing players, such as banks
• What the financial services landscape will be when BigTechs such as Google, Apple, Facebook, and Amazon (GAFA) enter the Fintech market
• How China is going to evolve in the Fintech market with Baidu, Alibaba, and TenCent (BAT)
• Why developing countries such as China, India, Ghana and Slovenia are leading the Fintech adaptation
• What the consequences of Fintech are for individuals, societies, companies, and governments
• How the financial services landscape will look in the future, and what role there is for Start-ups
All materials will be made available to all the students during the course.
Class Participation; Group Presentation, and presentation
Fintech; Payment; Crowd Funding; P2P lending; Bitcoin