|Study location||Netherlands, Maastricht|
|Type||Summer Course, full-time|
|Nominal duration||1-week intensive (2 ECTS)|
|Tuition fee||€600.00 per programme|
Open to everyone
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
B2, IELTS 6.5
A motivation letter must be added to your application.
• Are you planning to study Business Studies or Finance soon? Or have you studied Finance in the past but still struggle to grasp the key concepts?
• Are you wondering how to calculate installments for a mortgage or a car loan?
• Do you like to know what interest banks charge or how long it might take it to repay a car-loan?
• Are you interested to know the fundamentals of project appraisal or capital budgeting?
• Do you like to know how to invest in stocks or currencies to try your luck?
If the answer to any of these questions is yes, then this is a course for you.
In this course, we will cover fundamental issues in Finance and basic tools & techniques necessary for making informed financial decisions. We will follow problem based learning (PBL) to make sessions interesting and enjoyable. We will emphasize “learning by doing“ and work on various problems and exercises in groups. You will be surprised to realize that studying finance can also be a fun.
After completing the module you should become:
1. A mini-consultant for your family to make informed financial decisions on mortgages, car loans, investments etc.
2. Convinced that basic finance is not that difficult to understand; and that memorizing complicated-looking formula is not necessary
3. Confident to study higher levels of finance comfortably
None. This course will take place in the afternoon so this could potentially be combined with FIN101 Financial Statements – How to Prepare and Analyze which will take place in the morning.
Suggested Text (buying the book is optional):
Berk & DeMarzo (BDM), Corporate Finance, Pearson, 4th global edition (or latest version)
Participation; Quiz; in-class tests; and homework.
Finance; Time Value of Money; Project Evaluation; Investment; Stocks Markets