Personal Leadership in Times of Disruption
|Study location||Netherlands, Maastricht|
|Type||Summer Courses, full-time|
|Nominal duration||2 weeks (4 ECTS)|
|Tuition fee||€1,199 one-time|
Enrolled as an Undergraduate student or Undergraduate diploma
None other than a 3rd year bachelor
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
The language of the course is English, so we expect a fluent level and the ability to follow and participate in class.
The workplace faces radical changes under the influence of robotics, machine learning, and artificial intelligence. From managers and employees, this requires flexibility, adaptability and skills that match personal core values, in other words: personal leadership.
This summer course is a two-week 4 ECTS program focused on adding a personal dimension to the participants’ knowledge acquired in their 3rd year bachelor curriculum.
The course aims to go beyond mere textbook knowledge. The focus lies more on recent insights, in-depth understanding and practical application.
Topics in Week 1. Leadership, Personal Leadership:
• Leadership vs. management
• Employees vs followers
• Cross-cultural leadership
• The international manager/leader
• On ethics, on integrity, on trust
• Personal leadership
Topics in Week 2. Times of Disruption
• Origin of disruptive technologies
• Impact of disruptive technologies on society and organizations
• Artificial intelligence, machine learning and robotics on the work floor
• Alignment between man and machine
• Lifelong learning or universal basic income
• Leading in times of disruption
Depending on the number of participants, the sequence of topics can vary.
The main goals of this course are:
1. To define a thorough understanding of the growing need for personal leadership in times of disruption.
2. To provide conceptual and practical frameworks for successfully managing people and teams in times of disruption
3. To identify new developments in the field of managing and aligning people.
4. To develop the necessary insights and skills for managers and leaders to operate successfully in a rapidly developing environment.
• The Innovator’s DNA: Mastering the Five Skills of Disruptive Innovators; Jeffrey H. Dyer, Hal B. Gregersen, Clayton M. Christensen (2011); Harvard Business Review Press; ISBN-10: 9781422134818.
• Machine, Platform, Crowd, harnessing our digital future; Andrew McAfee, Erik Brynjolfsson (2017); Norton & Co.; ISBN 978-0-393-25429-7
• What Matters Now: How to Win in a World of Relentless Change, Ferocious Competition, and Unstoppable Innovation; Gary Hamel (2012); Jossey-Bass; ISBN-10: 1118120825
Furthermore, a variety of articles regarding the content of the course as well as websites such as HBR.org, Singularity Hub, Futurism.com., ScienceMag.org
Lectures, Presentations, Assignments, Skills, Work in subgroups.
Attendance, Participation, Observation, Assignment, Presentation
Central European Time
Central European Time